The picture didn't do it justice. This is an amazing loaf/bread/slice. You can't tell there is pumpkin in it.
Just tastes like a piece of DELICIOUS chocolate cake.
Totally healthy, legal, full-of-super-foods chocolate cake.
I love eating clean.
When I get to eat this I even love being on the Candida cleanse.
Okay............maybe love is too strong of a word. Its better than being in prison or being poked with a sharp stick.
This loaf is helping me survive the strict phase of Candida. I haven't had a bite of grains, fruit, yeast, vinegar, etc, etc. etc. But I have had lots of bites of this (and my chocolate zucchini macaroon loaf - that one is delish too). And that's perfectly okay. Its totally legal.
Make a double batch - slice, wrap, freeze - and then grab and go! And when that sugar craving hits you have something to keep your brain happy even while starving those sugar loving Candida beasts. Win!
BTW - I've never been in prison..............well, I guess I've visited someone there so I was "in" the prison, but not behind bars. Not sure why I felt I had to explain that. Now you know I'm not a criminal. In case you suspected I was............
Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: bake bread candida-diet friendly gluten-free low-carb paleo sugar-free almond flour coconut flour pumpkin chocolate
Ingredients (1 loaf)
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour (I used sliced blanched almonds that I ground in my coffee grinder - much cheaper than buying blanched almond flour)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp ground golden flax (I grind whole flax in my coffee grinder)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder - 100%
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp organic cacao nibs
- 3 free run eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted or grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Truvia (Stevia/Erythritol blend or sweetener of choice)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease a standard size loaf ban and then line with parchment paper.
Combine wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
And wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
Pour into loaf pan and let stand 10 minutes before putting in the oven.
Bake for approx 50 - 60 minutes.
Powered by Recipage