Quick update: I am feeling GOOD. Tired by the end of the day since I'm up at 5:00 am. But GOOD.
Baby is slowly weaning. Only fed him twice in the past 24 hours. Not sure whether to laugh or cry!
For my kids weaning = sleeping.
So the little guy is finally sleeping almost through the night, most nights. Kinda of. Almost.
Funny thing is my body is confused by the uninterrupted sleep. So by 5:00 am it thinks I should be getting up. Jokes on me. Baby finally sleeps and I can't.
But the quality of rest is so much better that I really do feel GOOD. Not great, but good. [Click here to see what else I have done to cure my insomnia.]
So I'm celebrating my new found sleep with a little sugar-free treat. A delicious zucchini loaf that I'm loving with some sugar-free coconut yogurt and strawberry, rhubarb & Chia jam.
Yum Yum Yum. I'm liking this loaf! And its Candida diet friendly. And Paleo. And Low Carb. So enjoy without guilt!
Chocolate Macaroon Zucchini Loaf - Gluten Dairy and Sugar Free
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 - 60 minutes
Keywords: bake bread candida-diet friendly low-carb sugar-free almond flour canned coconut milk chocolate zucchini
Ingredients (1 loaf)
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (I used sliced blanched almonds that I ground in my coffee grinder - much cheaper than buying blanched almond flour)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp ground golden flax (I grind whole flax in my coffee grinder)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder - 100%
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- Wet Ingredients
- 3 free run eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini, packed tightly
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Truvia (Stevia/Erythritol blend or sweetener of choice)
Combine all dry ingredients.
Combine wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until just combined.
Let stand for about 10 minutes to let coconut flour absorb liquids.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Optional - also line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
Pour batter into loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 hour or until knife in the center comes out clean.
Let cool COMPLETELY before removing from loaf pan and slicing. I know its hard to wait but it will give you the best results. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage