I have already made about 7 batches of these.
Not sure if its because they are so good. Or so portable. Or I haven't had a bagel in two years.
Either way I am enjoying these.
And so are my kids. Between our varying tastes and food restrictions we don't often have overlap in things we can and/or like to eat. But we all loved these. Win. Win. Except I don't really want to share them...............I'm not proud to say I've been hiding them in the freezer.
If you don't like the pumpkin/chocolate combination. Firstly - what the h#@$@ is wrong with you. Second - there are numerous other variations you can try. Cranberry Vanilla. Onion Poppyseed. Cinnamon Raisin. Whatever your little heart desires. Just cut back the honey if you are doing a savory take on these. My hubby thought they were too sweet.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Vegan & Grain Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bagels
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 28 - 30 minutes
Ingredients (4 bagels)
- 1.5 tbsp ground Chia Seed (I grind my seeds in a coffee grinder or Magic Bullet.)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1/4 cup unsweetened milk (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin pure
- 1 tbsp honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax (I grind it in my coffee grinder)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add each ingredients into a large mixing bowl ONE AT A TIME. After you add each ingredient mix the batter thoroughly (either with a hand mixer or by hand). You will likely have to use your "hands" to knead the batter into a ball once all ingredients have been added.
Once you have formed the dough into a large ball with your hands, divide the batter into 4 small equal sized balls. Flatten slightly with your hand.
Push a hole through the middle and use your hands to shaped the batter into a bagel shaped ring.
Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes.
Watch them disappear!
Powered by Recipage