A recipe for my girls..............don't eat these if you are on the Candida diet.
But if you have kids and need some gluten, dairy and egg free snacks then give these a try.
My girls both loved them!
And I'm loving the chocolate and pumpkin combination these days............
Have a great Friday and Happy Thanksgiving!
Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Mini Muffins - Vegan, Gluten and Nut-free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Keywords: snack gluten-free nut-free sugar-free chia seeds coconut flour protein powder chocolate
Ingredients (24 mini muffins)
- 1 Tbsp ground Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour blend (I used Cloud 9 from Costco)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 3 Tbsp Vegan chocolate protein powder (I used Vega One)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp guar gum (if no xanthum gum in flour blend)
- pinch fine sea salt
- dash cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 Tbsp organic palm coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk (I used flax)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Enjoy life chocolate chips - mini's
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine Chia gel and water. Let stand 5 minutes.
Combine wet and dry ingredients separately.
Add Chia gel to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Add wet ingredients and chocolate chips to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Separate batter into 24 greased mini muffin tins. I used coconut oil.
Bake for 28 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean.
Powered by Recipage