So if you caught my post on Friday you will know that I got my IGG food sensitivity tests back. On the bad list - banana's, pineapple, yeast, whey, yogurt and mushrooms. I will be eliminating those from my diet. I literally cried over the banana's and yogurt being on that list. That really hurt. Really.
With those results I also found out that I had a high immune response to Candida. This confirmed what I had unfortunately suspected -- I appear to have a pretty severe Candida overgrowth. If you are wondering what that is you can check out the Candida Diet webpage
. We all have Candida, mine has just decided to make themselves a little too comfortable and have been bullying the good bacteria. Probably because I fed and continue to feed them too much sugar. Big huge sigh.
So I started off the week eating my old version of clean - which meant no, or at least very little processed foods, minimal sweets, low-carb, wheat-free and grain-free. Kind-of Paleo but with some dairy here and there. And I was eating 2 - 3 servings of fruit a day. And of course some dark chocolate and maybe a wheat-free dessert here and there.
But after Wednesday my clean eating world shifted and I had to change my diet yet again. Even though I still need to meet with my Naturopath I decided to just start my Anti-Candida diet right away based on my own research. I needed to take control of the situation and not let those hungry sugar loving beasts control my life anymore. So what does that mean.............
Its a restrictive diet. Hard. But let's hope not impossible.
So basically I will be allowed to eat
- Meat, fish, eggs - so far, so good - no change here - still organic/hormone free/grass fed/antibiotic free/nitrate-free as much as possible. And always sugar-free.
- Veggies - as much as I can. Before I was omitting white potatoes and corn. Well now there are a whole bunch of new veggies to add to the off-limits list like sweet potatoes, beets, carrots and squash - can you hear me crying?
- Fruit - ooops - how did that get on the list. I'M NOT ALLOWED TO EAT FRUIT. How am I supposed to survive? Brutal, brutal, brutal. Oh yeah, I'm allowed avocado, lemon and lime. Yay! Sarcasm.
- Nuts and seeds - Thank-god I can still have my Chia but it really goes good with fruit. Tear.
- Healthy Oils - olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil
- Grains - quinoa, buckwheat, wild and brown rice. Well, that's great except I don't eat grains because of my blood sugar issues. I am probably going to have to re-introduce some grains later in the day and see if I can handle them because I don't think I can survive off just meat, veggies, and nuts.
- Sweeteners - nothing except Stevia and Xyletol. So of course I will be doing lots of experiments to try and make a decent dessert out of these.
- Dairy - butter and yogurt. Great, except I have a FOOD SENSITIVITY to yogurt so I can't have yogurt. Really? Is that fair.
Also on the no-list is:
- Caffeine. I was already off of caffeine but apparently even de-caf should be off-limits. I'm holding off on that one until I talk to the doctor. I at least need my decaf.
- Vinegars and any condiment with sugar.
Okay. So. A little advice. Don't go out of town for the weekend to a wedding shower and stay at your "baking addicted" mother's house on day three of an anti-candida diet. Seriously - it was torture.
But I haven't had one piece of dark chocolate, one drop of French Vanilla creamer, one taste of yogurt or one plate of apple nacho's in 5 days. It's been HARD but I did it.................take that you sugar loving beasts!
|This was early in the week when I was still eating dairy that I made these AWESOME Baked Enchiladas. I'll get you the recipe this week. You shouldn't have to suffer just because I am.|
|Chia porridge with fruit salad on top. I think that might have been my last piece of fruit. The memories.|
|Omelet with ham, broccoli and cheese. I just realized I can't put cheese in my omelets or frittata's anymore...........|
|I think this was Day One of Anti-Candida. Now all my smoothies will be fruit free. So I'll be using lots of avocado's to try and thicken them up. And Chia of course. |
|A Spring mix salad Chicken with Apple Cider dressing. I had to take this out shopping with me since there isn't really anything I can get "fast food" anymore.|
|Vega One French Vanilla Smoothie with avocado and ground Chia. I'm just starting to experiment with ground Chia. I like. Doesn't stick in the teeth so much.|
|A big salad for lunch with egg and hemp. I think I will be eating a LOT of eggs.|
|The salads I made for our road trip since we couldn't stop for fast food. I made a broccoli and quinoa salad with egg and apple cider vinegar dressing. It was actually really good. Maybe I'll make it again and share the recipe.|
|Shower food. I had to share this pic because these were so cute - and simple to make too! Too bad I couldn't eat one.|
|I like to refer to this as "The Table of Torture". I spent four hours in this room with these desserts and didn't have one bite. Cruelty.|
|The savories looked just as good but just as off-limits. I ate a few gluten-free chips and a bit of ranch corn and bean dip . It was a cheat but not a major offense.|
|An egg salad "sandwich" being eaten in the car. Wrapped in lettuce instead of bread of course.|
|When we got home I made myself some bbq'd pork chops with a Candida Diet friendly bbq sauce. I used tomato paste, tomato sauce, paprika, chili, onion powder, garlic, butter, Xylitol and salt/pepper. It was really good. Hubby was impressed. A good way to end the week.|
Other than my being sad and mourning the loss of fruit and yogurt I actually had a great week. I felt pretty good. My energy levels are good. My iron deficiency is at bay. I had a good weekend out of town. And the SNOW IS GONE. The temperature is rising. I think I can finally safely put away our winter boots. The kids are loving playing outside.
Life is good. I just have to find sweetness in other things.
شركة نقل عفش بمكةReplyDelete
شركة نقل عفش بينبع
شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
شركة نقل عفش ببريدة
شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
شركة نقل عفش بالرياضReplyDelete
شركة نقل عفش بينبع
نقل العفش والتخزين
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة